Soaking Instructions For Nail/Wound Surgery
- Leave bandage on until tomorrow. Reinforce with extra gauze if blood spots through.
- Remove bandage and soak toe in 2 tablespoons of Epsom salts dissolved in warm water for 10-15 minutes. (you may add 2 tbsp of vinegar)
- Soak 2 times a day for the 1st week then 1 time a day for the second week.
- Apply topical antibiotic (bacitracin, gentamycin, or Neosporin – available at local pharmacy) and cover with gauze square and secure with tape. (band aid if necessary)
- Follow up within one week.
- Call the office if there are any problems.